Researcher of Political Science & Classical Islam. Initiated by the Khwajagan i-Naqshband.
“(To Muslim countries): Why you are not sending an ultimatum to French government, (stating) you (French government) can’t interfere in our ladies dressing. If you are doing this (regulating the cultural dress of Muslim citizens), we are doing against your people to make them, anyone coming here, this dressing, European dressing people, can’t enter to Damascus, can’t enter to Egypt, can’t enter to Iran, can’t enter to Turkey! Why you (Muslim countries) are not doing, making this (ultimatum), why? You are not fearing from Allah (for oppression, and the taking away of freedoms and human rights of people)?”-Mawlana Shaykh Nazim Adil al-Haqqani, Worldwide leader of the Naqshbandi Sufi Order
Death toll from floods in France rise to 25
BY JEAN-FRANCOIS ROSNOBLET, REUTERS JUNE 18, 2010
The death toll from the worst flooding in southeastern France in more than 180 years rose to 25 yesterday, local authorities said.
Tuesday’s torrential rain sent torrents of mud pouring through towns and villages in the Var. department, inland from the Cote d’Azur. Scores of people were still housed temporarily in schools and other buildings after their homes were swamped.
Prime Minister Francois Fillon said he would head a meeting of ministers to discuss aid measures and President Nicolas Sarkozy plans to visit the area next week.
The Var. department prefecture said in a statement the number of dead had risen to 25. “The emergency services are concentrating for the time being on clearing up in order to rebuild minimal living conditions for the population affected by the disaster,” it added.
Emergency operations were halted and the Var’s prefect, Hugues Parant, said the death toll might rise still further as flood waters receded.
More than 350 mm (14 inches) of rain fell on the Var. on Tuesday, more than in a typical six-month period.
More than 1,400 people were rescued by helicopter and about 100 rescue missions were carried out by boat. More than 2,000 people had been taken to shelter since Tuesday.
About 90,000 households remained without electricity and phone lines were down for 15,000 residents.